Aston Villa Football Club Italian: Official Topic

Pagina ufficiale con notizie ed aggiornamenti sull'Aston Villa

« Older   Newer »

1. Always ~

User deleted

CITAZIONE (Always ~ @ 20/2/2011, 12:01) 

Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers

(IMG:www.avfc.co.uk/javaImages/9d/d/0,,10265~8850845,00.jpg)

Villa Park
    26 Feb, 3:00pm

4-1 :sega:.

2. Always ~

User deleted

Cioè vinciamo 2-1 in casa del bolton e poi perdiamo 3-2 -.-
    albringhton subito a torino.

3. dragon18

User deleted

CITAZIONE (Always ~ @ 7/3/2011, 16:38) 
    Cioè vinciamo 2-1 in casa del bolton e poi perdiamo 3-2 -.-albringhton subito a torino.

:venerazione: :sisi:

4.     Like  

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Oggi derby delle West Midlands con il Wolverhampton. Inutile dire che bisogna vincerlo. Up the Villa :)

5.     Like  

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Grandissima vittoria ieri a tempo scaduto in casa del West Ham. Successo importante e meritato, grazie alle reti di Bent e Gabby

p.s: beccatevi questa bella gif di Gabby e Young :asd:

6. Always ~

User deleted

Match report: Villa 1-1 Wigan
    Honours even at Villa Park.

Villa were once again frustrated by Wigan Athletic, who avoided defeat at Villa Park for the sixth consecutive season.

Gary McAllister's men found the going tough as the relegation-threatened Latics claimed a vital point in their battle to avoid the drop.

A superb 17th-minute Ashley Young goal put Villa level after the visitors had gone ahead through Charles N'Zogbia and there were subsequently few chances at either end until Ali Al Habsi made a crucial save from Darren Bent seven minutes from time.

Although Villa dictated the opening 10 minutes, they were rocked when Wigan grabbed the lead with their first attack of any note.

Victor Moses made a strong run though the middle before making a short pass inside the penalty area to N'Zogbia, who sent a low, angled left-foot shot past Brad Friedel and into the far corner.

Seven minutes later, the home side were level with their own first shot on target.

Having been brought down by Ben Watson three yards outside the area, Young touched the resultant free-kick to Stiliyan Petrov, and when the skipper simply put his foot on the ball, the winger bent a low right-foot shot around the Latics' defensive wall.

Al Habsi managed to get a hand to the ball but was unable to prevent it going just inside the post.

Only a superb instinctive save by Al Habsi prevented Emile Heskey from giving Villa a 23rd-minute lead, the keeper somehow managing to claw the ball to safety after Heskey had hit a powerful shot on the turn from eight yards.

There was a repeat of the Young-Petrov free-kick routine on 31 minutes but this time it was from further out and from a more difficult angle.

Although Young struck his shot well, Al Habsi held it with no great difficulty.

After Villa had been denied a possible penalty when Young went down under James McCarthy's challenge, Heskey earned himself a yellow card for remonstrating too strongly with referee Mike Jones after being fouled.

Although Villa were now on top, the visitors almost went back in front on the stroke of half-time, Antolin Alcaraz finding space at the far post for a tremendous drive which looked a certain goal until Richard Dunne flung himself into its path to divert it for a corner.

Heskey was replaced by Marc Albrighton at the start of the second half, the youngster slotting in on the right while Young moved into a central role just behind Bent.

Villa's early threats, though, came from the left, Stewart Downing sending a rising drive over the bar and then seeing another effort strike an opponent's arm, although his appeals for a penalty fell on deaf ears.

The game was still fluctuating, and Friedel did well to hold a fierce shot from Moses before Nigel Reo-Coker's smart flick set up Downing for a drive which flew over.

But Villa hearts were in their mouths in the 77th minute, when Hugo Rodallega, despite being closely marked by Dunne, got in a low shot on the turn which sneaked just past the far post.

A draw was looking increasingly likely, although Villa nearly broke the deadlock in the 83rd minute when a delightful move between Albrighton and Young sent Bent racing clear as Gary Caldwell slipped.

Bearing down on goal, the record-signing was poised for his eighth goal since his move from Sunderland until Al Habsi spread himself to save with his legs.

7.     Like  

Group
    Amministratore

Status
    Anonymous
    Sempre piu convinto che l'anima del Villa era O'Neil, andato via lui è finito tutto o quasi..mi spiace perche come organico meritano ben altri palcoscenici.

8. Always ~

User deleted

Club statement: McLeish confirmed as new Villa manager
    Alex McLeish appointed boss.

The Club are pleased to confirm that Alex McLeish has been appointed Aston Villa manager and will assume his duties with immediate effect.

The 52-year-old son of a Govan shipyard worker, McLeish began his managerial career in 1994 at Motherwell whom he guided in his first season to second place behind Rangers, then in the midst of their nine-in-a-row Scottish titles.

Following a three-year spell in charge of Hibernian, which included a Scottish Cup final appearance, he took over at Rangers where he unseated Martin O'Neill's then dominant Celtic team by winning the Scottish Cup and League Cup in his first season in 2001-02 and the Treble - including the Scottish Premier League title - in his second.

He won two championships and seven trophies in total in his five years at Ibrox before succeeding Walter Smith as Scotland boss in 2007.

Only a 2-1 win by Italy at Hampden Park in the final qualifying game prevented McLeish from leading his country to the Euro 2008 finals.

He pursued his ambition to manage in the Barclays Premier League and led Birmingham City to their highest top-flight finish in 51 years in 2009-10.

When his team beat Arsenal to win the Carling Cup four months ago at Wembley he became one of the only current managers in the Barclays Premier League who has won a major piece of silverware.

That Alex McLeish is a well-respected, well-rounded and accomplished football man is not in question.

As a formidable central defender in Sir Alex Ferguson's Aberdeen team which broke the Old Firm's stranglehold on Scottish football, he won three championships, the European Cup Winners' Cup and the European Super Cup.

He was also capped 77 times by Scotland and played at three World Cups and throughout his playing and managerial careers he has maintained an unfailing grace and humility and an unflinching will to win.

He also understands and supports the Board's vision and strategy for Aston Villa in our ongoing efforts to grow the Club and to ensure its sustainability and he is determined to confront the challenges of managing the Club.

He said: "I am honoured to have this opportunity to manage a club with such a fantastic history as Aston Villa's.

"The heritage, the history of success and the tradition of Aston Villa are compelling and irresistible. The challenge for me is to try to add my own chapter.

"Since first becoming a manager at Motherwell, my desire to succeed and my energy and drive have never waned. My objective is to impart that drive and will to win to the players and fans of Aston Villa.

"I know that some of our fans have voiced concerns and I can understand why. It will be up to me to convince you that I am the right man to drive the Club forward and I intend to give absolutely everything to prove that I can be a success at the Club."

Paul Faulkner, chief executive of Aston Villa, said: "We believe we have appointed the right man for the job.

"Unquestionably, Alex meets the criteria we set out at the beginning of our search which was based on proven Premier League experience, leadership, a hard-working ethic and, most importantly, a shared vision for Aston Villa.

"Alex is someone with whom we will work close and work well together.

"With our strong squad combining the necessary virtues of experience and the exciting potential of our young players, our objective is to compete as strongly as we possibly can.

"Alex's vast experience and proven abilities demonstrate clearly that he is a strong leader and an ambitious man and we are looking forward very much to the exciting new season about to start."

9. Footy 14

User deleted

Re Roberto è tornato...VILLANS 3, Wolves 2.

10. FiloBluc

User deleted

Grandi ragazzi, davvero bravi. Robbie Keane non me l'aspettavo proprio, grande Robbie :sbav:

11.     Like  

Group

Status
    AVFC THE OBSESSION!

40 replies since 12/1/2011, 16:06   1249 views